Kite string butchers man in Misri Shah
LAHORE: Another teenager lost his life to a stray kite string within Misri Shah police boundaries on Monday.
The victim identified as Mobeen Kashif left the house to get some shwarma. As he reached near Na-Khuda Chowk, a kite string tangled around his neck severed his jugular vein. He was rushed to Mayo Hospital but died en route due to excessive bleeding. The police transported the body to the morgue.
Panic gripped the town as the victim’s parents passed out. The family alleged that kite flying had become a routine affair in the area as police had become a silent bystander. Chief Minister Hamza Shehbaz has demanded a report from CCPO and ordered harsh legal action against those responsible for the negligence. A citizen’s life was lost and the relevant police officers remained asleep, he said and questioned whoever was responsible for the citizen’s death.
He said indiscriminate action should be taken against those who break the law by flying kites. Capital Police Officer (CCPO) Lahore DIG Bilal Siddique Kamyana has ordered SP Sadar Division to carry out a departmental investigation against Sub-Inspector Khurram Shehzad of SHO Misri Shah. CCPO also sent a letter of explanation to SDPO Misri Shah Hassan Aziz. In addition, Lahore Police Chief also sent a letter of dissatisfaction to SP City Akhlaq Ullah Tarar.
CCPO Lahore said there was zero tolerance on the kite and action would be taken against the police officers involved. He called on parents to keep their children away from the kite. More than 2,770 cases of kite law violations have been recorded and thousands of kites and stings have been recovered from defendants this year, while 686 FIRs have been recorded against kites this month, the Lahore police spokesman added.
Earlier, IGP Rao Sardar Ali Khan learned about the incident and requested a report from CCPO Lahore. Further, by order of IG Punjab, the concerned SHO was suspended while explanations were sought from the concerned DSP and SP.
boy rescued, two detained: CIA police in an operation arrested two suspects and rescued a 5-year-old boy, who was kidnapped for ransom from a private company.
DIG Investigation Kamran Adil said this in a conversation with reporters in his office on Monday. SSP Investigation Imran Kishwar, SP CIA Asim Iftikhar, SP Sadar Operation Hassan Javed Bhatti and other CIA officers were also present on the occasion.
DIG’s investigation revealed that a 5-year-old boy, Areez, who had been abducted from the private company’s park at Sundar Police Station, had been safely rescued and defendants Sajjad and Akram had been arrested in Sarai Alamgir. Two modern rifles (Kalashnikov, 1000 bullets) were also recovered from the accused. Police teams carry out raids to arrest fugitive defendants Mehwish, Shahbaz and Owais.
He said the accused abducted the child on the evening of May 13 for a ransom of 100 million rupees. The case was registered at Sunder Police Station on May 13, 939/22 on a complaint by his father Ahmad Yar. Mehwish, a step-grandmother from Areez had hatched a plan to kidnap the boy with the help of her accomplices Sajjad, Akram and Owais.
DIG Kamran Adil said the accused used to contact the complainant through a conference call from Dubai numbers to avoid being arrested. He said the other defendants would soon be arrested and punished with the help of the prosecution.
Speaking to the media, the boy’s father thanked the Chief Minister, IG Punjab and CCPO Lahore and their team. An emotional video of the father-son encounter has gone viral on social media.