Haitian Heritage Month: Inez Barlatier’s Efficiency for College students: South Florida Caribbean Information
Miami-Dade Arts Training Collective Presents Unique Efficiency by Inez Barlatier
[MIAMI] – In honor of Haitian Heritage Month in Could, South Florida musician Inez Barlatier and her household group will rejoice the dynamism and significance of artwork and tradition within the Haitian neighborhood of Miami by way of their efficiency of Ayiti – Tales and songs of Haiti.
By storytelling, songs and the visible arts, the viewers is guided on a journey by way of Haitian folklore. Discover the themes of neighborhood and gratitude. “Our favourite [aspect] About this efficiency is that it’s a historical past lesson disguised as a live performance of drum, dance, tales and songs.
Be taught the Ayisyan (Haitian) tradition
As a member of the general public, you be taught concerning the Ayisyen (Haitian) tradition. As you dance to a beat, drum and sing collectively, ”stated Inez Barlatier. “It makes for a memorable expertise which suggests they may share what they’ve discovered about Ayiti with others. That is our objective. “
The present is offered for Miami-Dade County lecturers to point out of their lessons from Could 1-31. The present was recorded solely for the Miami-Dade Arts Training Collective.
Rejoice Haitian artwork and tradition
“Inez Barlatier’s work celebrates Haitian artwork and tradition by way of energetic drumming and chanting, colourful costumes and conventional dances and it is a pleasure to stay with,” stated Victoria Row Traster, director of schooling and household programming on the Miami Theater Heart. “Inez herself acknowledges that rising up in Miami, she was by no means uncovered to reveals celebrating Haitian tradition in school. Subsequently, as a Collective, we’re proud to assist Inez in altering this narrative. And share the Ayisyan tradition with kids everywhere in the world.
Collective collaboration for Miami-Dade arts schooling
The Miami-Dade Arts Training Collective is a collaboration between the Adrienne Arsht Heart for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County, the Miami Theater Heart and the Tradition Shock Miami program of the Miami-Dade County Division of Cultural Affairs and South Miami- Dade Heart for Cultural Arts (SMDCAC) to offer high-quality, various, digital arts programming to Kindergarten to Grade 12 college students all through the 2020-2021 college 12 months. To this point, the Collective has provided digital performances to almost 62,000 college students.
As a result of COVID-19 pandemic, college students can not take typical area journeys to take part in stay creative performances. Whereas digital performances can not substitute the magic of stay theater, the Collective seeks to contain college students by offering creative performances. Along with being accessible through on-line / digital presents as an alternative of the normal in-person tour. The Collective offers free digital content material to lecturers and college students by way of collaboration with MiamiDade County Public Faculties Cultural Passport Program (MDCPS) in addition to personal, constitution and residential faculties, permitting college students to remain engaged within the arts.
The season included the next performances all through the 2020-2021 college 12 months:
A kids’s recreation on racism
- Self-discipline: Theater; Theme: Social justice
- Dates: from October 19, 2020 to Could 2021
- Public: major college
- A groundbreaking on-line efficiency impressed by the New York Instances bestseller, A Children Guide About Racism. This efficiency explains what racism is, methods to understand it while you see and expertise it, and concepts on what you are able to do about it. It is a dialog that’s by no means too early to start, and this digital piece was created to be an introduction for younger kids on the topic.
Hip Hop Nutcracker
- Self-discipline: Hip Hop / Musical Dance
- Dates: from December 7 to December 18, 2020
- Public: third 12 months in highschool
- Hip Hop Nutcracker is a digital efficiency by a supercharged solid of a dozen star dancers. With the freshest hip-hop choreography, a stay DJ and an electrical violinist, this pleasant and stimulating viewers saga transforms Tchaikovsky’s authentic rating within the coolest means doable. Digital units remodel ETA Hoffmann’s story right into a romance set in Eighties New York. Rap legend Kurtis Blow is the particular visitor on this new vacation custom celebrating love, neighborhood and the magic of New Years Eve.
- Self-discipline: Circus
- Dates: January 4 to January 15, 2021
- Public: elementary and school
- The circus and science meet in an impressive tribute to the facility of the air. Flying umbrellas, larger-than-life balloons, large kites floating above the viewers, and the most important snow globe you have ever seen will make you gasp and snort till it hurts.
- “AIR PLAY holds the entire viewers within the palm of its outstretched hand. A profitable mixture of visually beautiful sculptures and cheeky but heartfelt storytelling that captivates adults and kids alike. “- Information to British Theater
- Self-discipline: Music live performance
- Dates: January 19 to February 26, 2021
- Public: all grades
- Black Violin is made up of classically skilled violist and violinist Wil B. and Kev Marcus, who mix their classical coaching and hip-hop influences to create a particular multi-genre sound typically described as a “traditional increase”. Black Violin has shared phases with massive names like Kanye West, Aerosmith and Tom Petty, and has collaborated creatively with figures like Wu-Tang Clan, Wyclef Jean and Alicia Keys. Black Violin’s most up-to-date document, Stereotypes, debuted No. 1 on the Billboard Classical Crossover Chart and No. 4 on the Billboard R&B Chart. NPR praised the album and the band, saying “their music will maintain classical music alive for the subsequent technology.”
Emil and the detectives
- Self-discipline: play; Theme: Resilience
- Dates: March 1 to March 12, 2021
- Public: third 12 months and up
- Emil and the Detectives is a journey of discovery and self-discovery, the worth of friendships and threat taking, and the empowerment of younger folks. In Slingsby’s signature intimate theatrical type, the story is informed by two proficient actors combining the thrilling plot of a traditional caper with an evocative movie noir design, with smoke and mirrors, miniature worlds and a rating. cinematographic.
- Self-discipline: dance; Theme: Celebration of Latin American dance and music
- Dates: April 12 to April 23, 2021
- Public: all grades
- Ballet Hispánico takes the viewers on a digital guided journey by way of Latin American dance and music. This interactive and enjoyable exploration presents excerpts from the repertoire of the Ballet Hispánico and is narrated by the creative path. Latin music and cultural connections, choreography concepts and dance historical past come collectively to deepen the viewers’s dance expertise. College students might be uncovered to world-class choreographers and cultures from Spain, Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the Americas, whereas studying about Latinx icons comparable to Celia Cruz and Tito Puente.
Inez Barlatier – Ayiti – Tales and songs of Haiti
- Self-discipline: Music live performance; Theme: Celebration of Haitian Tradition / Miami
- Dates: Could 1 to Could 31, 2021
- Public: major college
- Native musician Inez Barlatier and her household group will rejoice the vibrancy and significance of artwork and tradition in Miami’s Haitian neighborhood. By storytelling, songs and visible arts, kids and households might be guided on a journey by way of Haitian folklore, exploring themes of neighborhood and gratitude.