Ghostwire Tokyo May Update PS5 Patch Notes Including VRR Support
Ghostwire: Tokyo received a brand new PS5 update today, May 2, which added VRR support. Other changes it’s made include removing progression blockers that occurred after players talked to dogs, as well as new cosmetics and emotes to celebrate the upcoming Children’s Day in Japan.
Ghostwire: May 2 Tokyo Patch Notes
The Ghostwire: Tokyo May update was released today, May 2. The update fixed several performance issues on PS5 consoles as well as fixed VRR support. Those halfway through a game will notice that fast travel becomes available earlier in the game, while those who are bothered by the Tengu’s rather loud screams can now adjust the volume with the “Yokai Volume” slider. Meanwhile, Children’s Day is held annually in Japan on May 5 and usually involves flying fish-shaped kites and paper samurai helmets. To celebrate, there are two new emotes and a Paper Kabuto Samurai Helmet for players to enjoy. The full patch notes can be viewed below.
- Performance improvements: This update addresses some performance issues for PS5 and PC.
- Silence, Tengu: There were complaints about the noise of the Tengu, so Ed developed noise canceling headphones for Akito and KK. (Tengu’s volume can now be adjusted.)
- Cosmetics and Emotes for Children’s Day: Two new emotes and a new headgear inspired by Golden Week.
Held annually on May 5 in Japan, Children’s Day is one of four national holidays observed during Golden Week, to celebrate the health and happiness of children, usually by decorating them with fish-shaped kites and wearing paper samurai helmets! You can now participate in the festivities of Ghostwire: Tokyo: – Koinobori Emote – Akito displays koi-shaped streamers – “They Grow So Fast” Emote – Akito proudly dons a “Kabuto” samurai helmet made of folded paper – Kabuto paper – Wear the origami samurai helmet from the emote.
Changes and improvements
- Added “Yokai Volume” slider, allowing players to adjust the Tengu’s shout
- (PC) – Added “Mouse Smoothing” option (allows players to turn mouse smoothing on/off)
- Fast travel is now available earlier in the game
- Added support for Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) on PS5
- Improved overall performance
- Revised starting values for player camera options
- Adjusted gamepad analog stick deadzone and added options to adjust deadzone
- Fixed collision issues in some environments
- Spirit Perception prayer beads will no longer guide you to spirits you have already absorbed
- Fixed text for some menu items in French and German
- Fixed sharpness option when using FSR 1.0
- Fixed low performance in Quality mode
- Many fixes to Main Missions, Side Missions, and World Events where performing certain actions could prevent progress
- Adjusted detection for analog stick deadzone on PS4/PS5 controllers
- Fixed a bug that occurred when moving while crouched
- Fixed a bug when spotted by an “abandoned” visitor
- Adjusted visual aspects of some full outfits
- Fixed a progression issue when talking to dogs
- Fixed a visual bug when talking to dogs
- Hint text for relics adjusted
- Fixed tab switching behavior on menu screen
- Fixed an issue where the database on the menu screen was not updating
- Fixed age restriction settings for Sweden
In other news, Embracer Group has promised to invest in IPs like Deus Ex, Thief, Tomb Raider and Legacy of Kain to create new beloved installments of IPs. Elsewhere, the latest Returnal update rebalances the difficulty of Tower of Sisyphus but resets the rankings at the same time.